Services: Statement of Purpose
As part of standard GMS care we offer a variety of services to our patients for the management and prevention of acute illness, prevention of ill health and care for those patients with long term conditions.
NHS Services include:
- Face to face appointments (Emergency, same day, routine pre-bookable, extended hours)
- Pre-bookable appointments with registered GP and nurse practitioners
- Telephone consultations/triage with registered GPs and daily duty GP.
- Home visits for housebound patients
Long term conditions clinics
- Mental health, dementia, learning disability reviews, epilepsy (GP/Nurse Practitioner led)
- CVD risk (GP/Nurse Practitioner led)
- Diabetes, asthma, COPD, stroke, CHD reviews (nurse led)
- Palliative care, end of life planning
- Admission avoidance care planning
- Leg ulcer clinic
Health Promotion/prevention of disease
- Shared care substance misuse (in partnership with CADAS)
- NHS health checks – weight loss and lifestyle support
- New patient checks
- Medication reviews
- Prostate cancer injections
- Spirometry (lung test)
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- 24 hour ECG
- Child health surveillance and immunisation
- Maternity – routine antenatal care/post-natal
- checks (GP and midwife)
- Pregnancy testing and contraceptive advice
- Contraceptive services – pill checks, implant and coil implant and removal services
- Immunisation programmes (influenza, pneumovax, public health catch up campaigns)
- Minor surgery/joint injections
- Ophthalmology (GP with Specialist Interest)
- Dermatology (GP with Specialist Interest – Dorset Healthcare led)
- Cervical cytology
- HPV vaccination
- Travel advice and immunisations
- Wound management/dressings/suture removal
- Ear syringing
- Ring pessary fitting
- Appointment booking
- Prescription ordering (48 hour service)
- Access to summary online records
Non NHS Services include
We also provide services which are non NHS and are paid for by the patient or requesting organisation.
- Private medical insurance reports and medicals
- Sports, Pre-employment and HGV medicals/fitness certification
- Non-NHS travel vaccinations – Yellow Fever centre
- Access to medical records
- Private sick certificates
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.