How We Use Your Data
GDPR - Privacy Notice
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it contains important information about how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect on your behalf.
Data Protection Register
Online Access to Medical Records
You are now able to view online your detailed coded medical record - this is not your full medical record. You will need to sign up for online services and make an application to view your record. This service is optional and there may be reasons why you would not wish to see this information online.
It is essential for any patient considering applying for online access to their medical record that they read our patient leaflet Online Access to Medical Records
We would like to highlight the following points:
- You will need to apply for this online service in person and bring proof of identity and address - see below
- Your very personal information will be displayed online; although you will have a secure login you should take measures to ensure that it is not made available to any unauthorised person or organisation. If you think you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against your will, (this is called coercion), it is best that you do not register for access at this time
- The set up process for a patient to access their medical record online does involve quite a bit of work for the medical centre staff. Particularly at the initial stages of offering this new service, we are unable to offer a timescale for when your record will become available to you - it could be 2 months. Please bear with us
- If you spot something in the record that is not about you or notice any other errors, please log out of the system immediately and contact the practice as soon as possible in writing. Please do not contact your GP who may not be immediately able to make the necessary amendment
- Android and Apple apps are currently not configured to display medical records: SystmOnline are working to rectify this (May 2016)
How to apply for online access to your medical record
- You will need to apply in person by visiting the medical centre and speaking to one of our reception staff. This has to be a face-to-face meeting
- You will need to bring proof of identity and of current address. Acceptable documents can be - photo ID: passports or photo driving licence, bank statements but not bills
- You will need to have read the leaflet "online access to medical records" and complete a registration form - these can be downloaded and printed from this page, see registration pack below, or obtain one from the medical centre
- Online Access to Medical Records: You must read this page before you proceed with your application
- Online Access to someone else's Medical Records (Proxy Access) Registration form: Please complete the form and our Online Access Team will get back to you.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.