Clinics and Services
Doctors and Practice Nurse Team
Chronic disease management for:
- Coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Chronic obstruction pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Blood pressure check: If you would like to check your own blood pressure at any time, please use the machine located in the reception area. You can also buy Home Blood Pressure machines in some pharmacies and on Amazon.
- Blood tests
- Cervical screening: The NHS will invite patients eligible for a cervical screening test, these will be booked in with a nurse.
- Child health assessment: Post natal and six week baby checks are done by appointment with your GP, once the baby is registered at the practice. Other development arrangements are made with your health visitor.
- Child immunisations: If you require information regarding child immunisations, please speak to your health visitor or practice nurse. Child immunisation clinics are held on Thursday mornings and Fridays for Bridport Medical Centre, and thursdays for Tunnel Road and Pound Piece Surgery.
- Contraception and sexual health: A contraception clinic is held every Wednesday afternoon in Bridport. Please call the general number, 0300 303 1948 to book an appointment. Or, if you have any concerns please complete an eConsult
- Doppler study
- Injections: Please let the receptionist know the injection you require
- Leg clinic: Leg clinic appointments are available, Mondays, Tuesdays, wednesdays and Fridays for Bridport Medical Centre. Fridays for Pound Piece Surgery.
- Minor surgery: Carried out by prior arrangement with your doctor
- NHS health check and general advice
- Social Prescribing: The Social Prescriber can assist with a range of issues, helping you identify what matters to you. This could include, assistance with health coaching, anxiety, isolation and loneliness, carer support and managing long term conditions. We can also connect you with local community activities and groups.
- SmokeStop: Please ask at reception for a referral to the SmokeStop service.
- Travelling Abroad: Please take a look on our 'Advice for travellers' page for more information
- Wound care: If you would like an appointment with a Health Care Assitant or Nurse to checks dressings and/or removal of sutures, please complete an eConsult
Other Healthcare Providers at Bridport Medical Centre
Community Drugs and Alcohol Services. Tuesdays and Wednesdays by appointment only: service access via CADAS. Phone 01305 265635
Mental Health Services
Free talking therapies service for people aged 18 and over who are experiencing low mood and anxiety. Pick up a leaflet from reception. Patients can access this service via their GP, a nurse practitioner or other health professional. Patients aged 18 or over can refer themselves to the service. For West Dorset telephone 01305 367051.
Physiotherapy is carried out at Bridport Hospital. If you think you need physiotherapy then please click here for further information
Other Healthcare Providers - upstairs at community services
Contraception and Sexual Health
A contraception and sexual health clinic is held every Wednesday afternoon in Bridport. Please call the general number, 0300 303 1948 to book an appointment.
N.B. Emergency contraception can also be obtained some pharmacies.
Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) Clinic
The GUM clinic is held on Wednesday afternoons in Bridport 01305 762682
- Health visitors - Tel: 01305 361071. A health visitor is a registered nurse who has received training particularly related to babies, children and pregnant women. Their role is to provide families with children under five years old with support and advice around the general aspects of mental, physical and social wellbeing.
- Community Nurses - Tel: 01308 428945
- Midwives - Tel: 01308 428948
- School Health - Tel: 01308 428961
- School Nurses - Tel: 01305 361094 option 2
- Podiatry - Tel: 0300 303 8630 (appointments only)
- Speech and language - Tel: 01308 428946
Private Healthcare Providers at Bridport Medical Centre
West Dorset Osteopathic practice
June Jowitt BSc(Hons)Ost.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.