Clinics and Services
Click here to see our statement of purpose
Doctors and Practice Nurse Team
Chronic disease management for:
- coronary heart disease (CHD)
- chronic obstruction pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Blood pressure check: if you would like to check your own blood pressure at any time please use the machine located in the reception area
- Blood tests
- Cervical screening
- Child health assessment: post natal and six week baby checks are done by appointment with your GP. Other development arrangements are made with your health visitor
- Child immunisations: if you require information regarding child immunisations please speak to your health visitor or practice nurse. Child immunisation clinics are held on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings
- Contraception and sexual health: a full range of contraception is provided. Coil fitting and implants are carried out by a doctor; please speak to reception about arrangements. A nurse run contraception (family planning) service is available on some afternoons. Pill checks can be carried out by nurse practitioners
- Doppler study
- Injections: please let the receptionist know the injection you require
- Leg clinic: held on Tuesday mornings
- Minor surgery: carried out by prior arrangement with your doctor
- New patient checks: Our Practice Nurses meet all new patients to discuss their medical history, check their present state of health, review their medications and deal with any worries. We try to arrange this within one month of registration and it should last about 20 minutes.
- NHS health check and general advice
- SmokeStop: please ask at reception for a referral to the SmokeStop service.
- Travelling Abroad: If you are going abroad, please arrange to complete a Travel Questionnaire at least 8 weeks before you travel. We can the advise you on the immunisations you require and arrange an appropriate appointment in the Travel Clinic to discuss your requirements.
- Wound care: checks, dressings and removal of sutures
Other Healthcare Providers at Bridport Medical Centre
Community Drugs and Alcohol Services. Tuesdays and Wednesdays by appointment only: service access via CADAS. Phone 01305 265635
Mental Health Services
Free talking therapies service for people aged 18 and over who are experiencing low mood and anxiety. Pick up a leaflet from reception. Patients can access this service via their GP, a nurse practitioner or other health professional. Patients aged 18 or over can refer themselves to the service. For West Dorset telephone 01305 367051.
Physiotherapy is carried out at Bridport Hospital. If you think you need physiotherapy then please click here for further information
Other Healthcare Providers - upstairs at community services
Contraception and Sexual Health
A contraception and sexual health clinic is held every Wednesday afternoon in Bridport 0300 303 1948.
N.B. Emergency contraception can also be obtained from Bridport Minor Injuries Unit and some pharmacies.
Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) Clinic
The GUM clinic is held on Wednesday afternoons in Bridport 01305 762682
- Health visitors - Tel: 01305 361071. A health visitor is a registered nurse who has received training particularly related to babies, children and pregnant women. Their role is to provide families with children under five years old with support and advice around the general aspects of mental, physical and social wellbeing.
- Community Nurses - Tel: 01308 428945
- Midwives - Tel: 01308 428948
- School Health - Tel: 01308 428961
- School Nurses - Tel: 01305 361094 option 2
- Podiatry - Tel: 0300 303 8630 (appointments only)
- Speech and language - Tel: 01308 428946
Private Healthcare Providers at Bridport Medical Centre
West Dorset Osteopathic practice
June Jowitt BSc(Hons)Ost.